Google
 

Quotes for Outdoors Women

"Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive." -W. C. Fields (US actor)

"I love that whole princess mentality, but I also like throwing my hair in a ponytail and just wearing jeans, going on a hike and then eating a big chili-cheeseburger." -Jennifer Love Hewitt (actress)

"Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, 'I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway.' " Maya Angelou (American Poet)

"Reaching that windswept perch, I decided, would cleanse my spirit and heal my wounds. More than that, it would send me home with a title: The First American Woman to Climb Everest." -Stacy Allison. (mountain climber)

"How strange that nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson (American Poet)

"To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug." -Helen Keller

"Women never look so well as when one comes in wet and dirty from hunting." -R S Surtees (English writer)

"Nature is my medicine." -Sara Moss-Wolfe

"I can't remember a single time that I was prevented from doing what I wanted because I was a female, either on the rock or in the mountains." — Annie Whitehouse. (rock climber)

"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful." -e.e. cummings (poet)

"Is that weird, taking my Louis Vuitton bag camping?" Jessica Simpson (American singer)

"Maybe someday, if I say alot of things, outdoors women will be quoting me." Dana (outdoor blogger)

7 comments:

Matt said...

Nice quotes, especially the last one.

Kristine said...

I love those quotes. Have to agree the last one is the best. Too funny.

Arthur said...

Great quotes. I did love the last one. Good stuff. I also liked the Jennifer Love Hewitt one, and the R. S. Surtess one. Both remind me of my wife and I love it! Thanks for sharing Dana.

Dana said...

It was a fun list to compile! I'll keep an eye out for more.

Jon said...

Great quotes! Who is the Goddess of the hunt? Diana! Women belong outdoors!

Dana said...

Jon - you're my favorite person today! Goddess of the Hunt indeed!

Phillip said...

These are great, Dana!

I'm particularly enamoured of the Emily Dickinson quote, which I'd never heard before. Nature never knocks, but never intrudes... that's awesome!

The Surtess quote I'd heard before, but still love it. There's something about that natural dirty look that just... I dunno.

Remember, in the African svelt the lioness does the majority of the hunting. The male lets her, because of how much he enjoys seeing her afterward.