Google
 

The Bassmaster Classic Now Allowing Women to Fish

This rubs me the wrong way. I saw on ESPN here that *gasp* they will be allowing women to compete in the Bassmaster Classic. "In 2008, the Toyota Women's Bassmaster Tour Angler of the Year, the top angler in the season-long points standings, will qualify for the 2009 Bassmaster Classic. 'Next year promises to be a historic year, with the first female angler qualifying for the Bassmaster Classic,' said Tom Ricks, vice president and general manager of BASS. 'The WBT continues to receive some well-deserved attention and we are excited about this opportunity for the circuit to grow.' "

As I commented on that article - What is that??!!!?? Weren't women "allowed" in the big tournament before this? I can understand having men's and women's basketball (or other highly aerobic sports) separate, but is there really that much difference in how well a body can reel a fish in? Doesn't it have more to do with line and rod strength than arm strength?

On one hand, it great that they are doing this, but on the other hand it's outrageous that this is JUST happening now. This is the perfect spot for my favorite movie quote. "This vexes me. I'm terribly vexed."

No comments: