Google
 

Outdoors with Othmar Vohringer

When I first started blogging, I had quite a few questions about how to get started. The first person to send me great advice and encouragement was Othmar at his blog Outdoors with Othmar Vohringer. He is VERY encouraging of women participation in outdoor activities, as evidenced by his recent post on "The Rise of the Huntress". In it he says, "The rise of the huntress has made our hunting heritage a true family affair that can involve the children and both parents, which has helped hunting to become a family activity." I recommend that you check out the full text of the post and his blog. He describes himself and his blog by saying, "Hunting and fishing is much more to me than just a pastime. It’s a way of life! This blog is dedicated to this way of life and the promotion of our rich North American outdoor heritage." You'll enjoy the quality writing in his posts, and the variety of hunting and fishing-related topics!

8 comments:

Kristine said...

Othmar is a great resource and very supportive. He was also very influential in the forming of the Outdoor Bloggers Summit. He really walks the talk when it comes to supporting hunting, fishing and conserving our outdoor resources.

Tom Sorenson said...

Othmar's blog is great - I am waiting impatiently for him to get settled in at their new place so that we can start reading his blog again!

SimplyOutdoors said...

Othmar is a great attribute to outdoor blogging. He was very helpful to me in the beginning as well, and I read his blog on a regular basis.

CDGardens said...

We are very fortunate to have Othmar as an influence for women in hunting - that has come to be considered by some men to be totally their own. What can a woman do, eah? ;)

Yes, it will be good to have him be available to share his experiences again. After he gets settled in to his new surroundings...

Pedre said...

my hunt blog
http://lacazaymicircunstancia.blogspot.com/

Marian Love Phillips said...

I hope to meet Othmar one day...he is really a nice guy and has a great site and knows all the ins and outs of hunting. A true hunter.

Dana- I have tagged your site for the "I Love Your Blog Award". You have a great day! Marian :)

Live to Hunt.... said...

Dana - great work! Found you through OBS and you have definitely sought out the right folks. I've added you to my blogroll, would appreciate the same! Thanks.

The Wild Ones Clothing said...

Othmar is one of the best bloggers so far. I am a big fan really.